BTC = Revive Script Not Working

Il luogo in cui postare missioni create o editate da voi, script o domande inerenti l'editing di Arma 3
Rispondi
Aaronrz

Hello Giallustio

I recently bought Arma 3 Alpha and I'm totally new to scripting. But thanks to countless hours and a lot of youtube videos/tutorials I've learned soo much that I now have a really good understanding on how to use basic/advanced features inside the Arma 3 Alpha Editor in order to create missions.

My problem is I've been trying to install a revive script for Arma 3 that renders a player unconscious when killed in order to be revived by a player who's role is a medic. I've searched online vigorously and found a couple but the two that stood out the most were the BTC Revive and Norrins Revive Script.

However I decieded to go with the "BTC Revive Script" because I've seen it used in action online youtube with Arma 3 Alpha and for others it seems to work just fine. The instructions posted seem kind of "light" (at least to me being a newbie) however it all seems pretty simple.

Link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18955

I don't know what I'm doing wrong I followed the instructions but when I go to test/preview it inside the Arma 3 Editor. I get the Revive Started "hint" (upper right hand corner) but when I shoot a friendly AI he simply dies and does not allow me to revive him. (My role is Medic)

I'm only interested in the revive part because of the way I want to set up the mission for my friends that if you're not revived within a certain timeframe, then you simply die and do not respawn.

I’ve posted this question on other forum sites and so far I haven’t had any luck in getting a respond back. So I decieded to Register here and ask the Creators of the BTC Revive Script in hopes to getting a solution to help me fix the problem that I am having.

If you have any info and if you could be very descriptive in your instructions on how to properly install the BTC Revive Script it would help me out tremendously.

Thank you.
ramius86
Captain
Captain

Hi Aaronrz,
meanwhile you expect answer from Giallustio I've to tell you one thing.. This script doesen't work in the preview of Arma 3... You need to start the mission like an host...
Giallustio
Colonel
Colonel

[quote="ramius86"]
You need to start the mission like an host...
[/quote]
and it doesn't work with AI, only human players!
Cheers
[align=center]Volere è potere[/align]
Aaronrz

Thank you both @ramius86 & @Giallustio for the reply, everything works like it's suppose to following your advice. Thanks again!
Giallustio
Colonel
Colonel

You're welcome ;)
I'm glad you get it working ;)
[align=center]Volere è potere[/align]
Rispondi